Valentines day make me think of love and what it actually is. The webster dictionary defines love as:
1. A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
2. A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.
a. Sexual passion.
b. Sexual intercourse.
c. A love affair.
4. An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.
5. A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.
6. An expression of one’s affection: Send him my love.
a. A strong predilection or enthusiasm: a love of language.
b. The object of such an enthusiasm: The outdoors is her greatest love.
8. Love Mythology Eros or Cupid.
9. often Love Christianity Charity.
10. Sports A zero score in tennis.
For me the definition is best summed up by my parents.
63 years ago on Feb 14 my Mum and Dad married. From that came 6 children, many grandchildren (sorry too many to count) and 4 and half great-grandchildren. WOW! Amazing legacy. Congratulations Mum and Dad – we all love you and thank you for every minute of our lives.
Then of course there is the commercial industry around Valentines. Here is my input. Click
for Valentines products. And here are just some of my favourites (click images to see more):