Check out How to cut glass bottles safely.
How to Cut Glass Bottles…
and make them into glasses, vases, candle holders, etc.
– clean, empty glass bottle
– yarn (cotton/poly blend is best)
– acetone (nail polish remover)
– a bucket of ice cold water (filling up your sink is easiest)
– a lighter (the long handled ones are safest)
– an oven mitt or something similar
1. Find an empty glass bottle – it’s easier to start off with smaller bottles, such as beer bottles, because the glass is thinner.
2. Make sure you bottle is clean and dry, and the lid is removed.
3. Wrap the yarn around the section of the bottle where you want it to be cut. For smaller bottles, wrap the yarn a minimum of 4-5 times around the bottle, double for thicker bottles.
4. Take the yarn off (keeping the loop intact) and soak in the acetone. I…
View original post 208 more words